OK, here’s a classic summer throwback dessert that I’ve been missing for years! Now, I just need some lemonade and a sprinkler to run through …
Ingredients (20 servings):
- 8 cups rice cereal (try brown rice cereal, too)
- 1/4 cup ground flax seed
- 1 cup brown rice syrup (or other sticky sweetener like agave)
- 2/3 cup sunflower seed butter
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- Lightly oil a 9×13 pan with whatever oil you have on hand. Coconut oil, safflower, sunflower, or vegan butter spread, would work well. Set aside.
- Place rice cereal and ground flax seed in a large bowl. Stir to combine and set aside.
- In a medium-sized sauce pan or frying pan, add rice syrup, sunflower seed butter and vanilla extract. Heat over medium heat, stirring often, until ingredients have liquified, about 5 minutes.
- Pour syrup over rice crisp mixture and stir to coat.
- Once all crisps have been coated, drop the mixture into the prepared pan and even it out with a spatula, pressing down firmly.
- Allow to sit for 1 hour in the refrigerator before cutting into squares.
via: Healthful Pursuit
Also, try this recipe for a non-nut butter version or this one if you want to make a smaller batch. Or, try popcorn instead for some popcorn balls. Lastly, drop some non-dairy chocolate chips in there (step 2) for some chocolate goodness!