Don’t let the fancy name of this side dish scare you, since the term confit just means cooked for a long time and soft.
- several whole carrots cut into 3-4 in. lengths
- olive oil
- 2-3 shallots (cut in half)
- lemon (optional)
- This is an imprecise recipe, but place the carrots flat on the bottom of a large pan with a fair amount of olive oil, the shallots, some thyme, and a pinch or two of salt.
- What you’ll want to do is just keep it on a low heat and just let the carrots barely sizzle for somewhere between 30-45 minutes, flipping them occasionally. The end result will be a browned and very soft carrot.
- Serve them on a plate with anther sprinkle of thyme and a squeeze of lemon juice.